The main responsibility of the role is to manage the Credit Management and Cash Allocation department of ESAB Europe and GCE units in the SSC scope. The Credit Manager will be responsible for enforcing the company’s credit policy, establishing best practices and proper setting of KPI’s to manage credit risk and team performance efficiently. The role is also responsible for ensuring compliance with SOX requirements for the controls operated by the Credit Team
Your daily job will include the following tasks:
- Actively communicating credit related issues to stakeholders and Senior Management as required
- Build up and lead an effective Credit Management and Cash Allocation department supporting multiple countries within the Europe region and in scope GCE units
- Manage a credit control team of 15+ and maintain team engagement
- Act as a coach and support the personal development of the direct reports (Team Leaders) and other team members
- Build strong partnership with various business partners to achieve high level of satisfaction among customers and internal partners; build liaison with Regional Sales Directors, European and GCE Finance Leadership
- Develop processes and procedures for evaluating customer financials and setting and changing credit limits as well as order release, developing and introducing payment methods as appropriate
- Establish proper set of KPI’s to manage the credit risk and team performance efficiently
- Monitor receivables and collections and provide updates and develop appropriate reporting tools
- Analysing credit risks and obtaining security as needed e.g., credit insurance
- Coordinate and oversee annual credit limit reviews
- Dealing with collection problems beyond routine stages, negotiate payment programs with delinquent customers
- Work closely with AR department to support timely cash application, CDM department to maintain customer master files, provide analysis and recommendations to senior leadership and initiate actions when appropriate
- Ownership of credit policies and ensure policy compliance
- Maintain bad debt and bad debt recovery records
- Actively drive process improvements and automation within the department
- Lead and coordinate migration projects
- Build and enhance the effectiveness of the controls and operating procedures and ensure full compliance with Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) requirements
Be part of our innovative team and shape your future with us!
- 5+ years of credit control, credit management experience
- 3+ years of leading teams +10 team members
- College/University degree in Finance or Economics or related field is required
- SSC experience
- Proven ability to manage in dynamic and high-growth environment
- Understanding of the end-to-end Order-to-Cash cycle and credit control best practices Must have experience in trade credit /collection environment (preferably in industrial trade)
- Proven track report in managing credit KPIs for multiple units/regions (DSO, overdue percentage, credit terms)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate at all levels within the ESAB organization, possess the required skills to engage a team to develop and change their approaches
- Good time management and organization skills
- Advanced Excel skills and general Microsoft product knowledge
- Confident of using ERP systems
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Work in a brand new „well” office at Corvin-negyed with easy access to workplace – metro line M3, tram 4-6
- Fruit Mondays and massage Wednesdays
- Community events
- Free weekends – in case of bridge days, the Saturdays are always days-off
- Extra holidays coming with years of service
- Home office opportunity – 3 days/week
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly and supportive team members
APPLY FOR THE JOB
WHY JOIN US
Working at ESAB is more than a job. It’s an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Join us to build a career that no one could have planned for. Even you. Take the opportunity and shape your future with us!
We offer incredible career challenges. stimulating and satisfying work, inspiring colleagues, and extensive learning resources to create an innovative and agile business experience.
WORK –LIFE BALANCE
Our most valuable asset is our global workforce. Each member of our team matters to us: they help drive the business forward with passion and commitment.
Continuous improvement is our way of life. The power of outstanding multilingual communication drives us towards absolute best –in –class results.
Our office is located at the heart of Budapest, surrounding with the historical view of the city. An A+ green office building provides our team a pleasing work environment.