The main purpose of the role is to operate and oversee the controlling activities of a geographic region or a group of entities. The Financial Controller prepares internal and statutory financial reports, evaluates data and trends and provides decision support analysis. The Financial Controller also coordinates the activities of unit controllers or analysts.
Your daily job will include the following tasks:
- Preparation of the budget and financial forecasts of the different departments within the European Sales Region
- Responsibility for the daily management of the respective P&L and B/S area from reporting and controlling perspective
- Decision support for business partners through value add analysis and understanding the business reasons of movements
- Perform internal control activities and ad hoc administrative tasks for the given deadlines
- Participate in external, internal financial and tax audits, ensuring fiscal compliance
- Execute all relevant closing activities (monthly, quarterly, year-end)
- Prepare variance analysis reports through deep understanding of the figures supported, reported
- Ensure that financial processes are undertaken accurately, efficiently, on time and according to the surrounding internal control procedures
- Reconciliation of sales and costs
Be part of our innovative team and shape your future with us!
- College/University degree in Finance or Economics
- ACCA qualification is not a requirement, but an advantage.
- Deep understanding of US GAAP, SOX & Control requirements
- Confident usage of ERP systems and MS office tools
- Experience: 5+yrs finance experience with at least 3 years in Controlling or Group Reporting teams
- Experience in coordinating or managing smaller expert teams is an advantage
- Experience in managing end-to-end reporting and controlling process on regional level
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Work in a brand new „well” office at Corvin-negyed with easy access to workplace – metro line M3, tram 4-6
- Fruit Mondays and massage Wednesdays
- Community events
- Free weekends – in case of bridge days, the Saturdays are always days-off
- Extra holidays coming with years of service
- Home office opportunity – 3 days/week (now it is full time home office because of the pandemic)
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly and supportive team members
APPLY FOR THE JOB
WHY JOIN US
Working at ESAB is more than a job. It’s an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Join us to build a career that no one could have planned for. Even you. Take the opportunity and shape your future with us!
We offer incredible career challenges. stimulating and satisfying work, inspiring colleagues, and extensive learning resources to create an innovative and agile business experience.
WORK –LIFE BALANCE
Our most valuable asset is our global workforce. Each member of our team matters to us: they help drive the business forward with passion and commitment.
Continuous improvement is our way of life. The power of outstanding multilingual communication drives us towards absolute best –in –class results.
Our office is located at the heart of Budapest, surrounding with the historical view of the city. An A+ green office building provides our team a pleasing work environment.